Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ns2 tweaking help plz !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
be2ven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

Ns2 tweaking help plz ! Empty
PostSubject: Ns2 tweaking help plz !   Ns2 tweaking help plz ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:45 am

Hello !

I was think.. In the old ns, counter strike half-life and so on, you could set commands like rate 30000, cl_updaterate 100, cl_cmdrate 100, cl_interpolate 1, cl_interp 0.1, cl_smooth 0 ...
Do we have some thing like that in ns2 ? i've search google thin, cant find any thing..
If it's the case that those commands still work what would be the best settings to not getting lag spikes and choke on the HBZ server ?
Thanks in advance

"Over And Out"
Be2veN^
Back to top Go down
de PARA
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 60

PostSubject: Re: Ns2 tweaking help plz !   Ns2 tweaking help plz ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:39 am

Thx for first post Very Happy

There two types of lag: server- and clientlag.

Serverlag: high ping and packetloss(choke)
Clientlag: vram is full, carbage collection didnt work and there too much to render for the client (typical in endgame), cpu isnt strong enough

So if you see lag and the server is at 20-30 ticks and you have a good ping, you have clientlag. (use net_stats in console to view)
There is something you can do against: Graphic-settings to middle or low to save vram, overclock cpu or restart the client(game).

Against the choke, there is nothing you can do. Its a known issue and max is working on it. see http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/progress
"Reduce bandwith/choke - startet"
High ping, search another server Wink

dePARA
Back to top Go down
https://hbz-clan.forumieren.com
Shilorius

Anzahl der Beiträge : 16

PostSubject: Re: Ns2 tweaking help plz !   Ns2 tweaking help plz ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:55 pm

However you can tweak the client to get a better framerate.
(I have to use it all the time)

r_atmospherics false Arrow deactivates the "smoke" from lightsources
r_bloom false Arrow deactivates the bloom, but the game will look less good with it.

there are some more, but I can remember right now.
but theese commands should reduce the lag-spiking - if they come from your client.
Back to top Go down
be2ven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

PostSubject: Re: Ns2 tweaking help plz !   Ns2 tweaking help plz ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:00 am

thx for the responses guys.. I've not experienced lag yesterday..
After deactivate my BitDefender anti-virus and firewall, no lag at all.. wehooooo Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ns2 tweaking help plz !   Ns2 tweaking help plz ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ns2 tweaking help plz !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: International :: NS2 Discussion-
Jump to: